What is the job all about?
We are looking for field based IT Consultants. This job is a fit for you if:
- You are an IT Infrastructure generalist who can work on anything from desktop to a firewall.
- You are willing to crawl under a desk and fix a PC but can also sit and write an Annual Technology Plan and IT Budget.
- You are a customer service fanatic and love building strong client relationships.
- You are personable, presentable, articulate and can communicate with people at all levels, including business owners and C level staff.
- You are organized, detailed orientated and adaptable.
- You like managing your own set of clients and your own schedule. You can successfully juggle scheduled client visits, random client requests for help and IT projects, all while keeping track of your time and making sure your clients documentation is up to date.
- You are not a cowboy. You can learn, implement and contribute to EXP best practices in client engagement, project management and technology choices.
- You love to learn new technology and share your learning with others in Knowledge Base Articles and brown bag sessions.
What about the techy stuff?
You will still need to be a geek too, with some or all of the following:
- 8-10 years IT experience, with at least 3 years IT consulting experience highly preferred
- Strong Windows Sever knowledge; 2003 through 2016, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Solid networking knowledge; LANs, WANs/routing
- Strong virtualization knowledge; VMWare ESXi, Hyper-V
- Solid security knowledge; Firewalls, End-point protection, MDM/EMM
- Strong knowledge of Office 365
- Working knowledge of Azure and/or AWS
- Strong knowledge of backup and recovery solutions; ShadowProtect, Veeam, Altaro, Datto etc.
Do I need a degree or certs?
- We would prefer someone with at least an Associate level degree (with a technology focus) but equivalent experience would also work.
- We would also favor candidates who have Microsoft, VMware, Cisco or AWS Certification.
- Must maintain a good driving record, valid drivers license and up-to-date car insurance at all times.
- Must be able to move, stand, crouch, stoop, crawl and work with constant manual dexterity anywhere a clients computer, server, etc. might be located.
How much does it pay?
It depends on you and what you bring to the table. We offer:
- Competitive Hourly Wage DOE
- Overtime (hours over 40 in a designated work week) paid at x 1.5
- Health Care/Dental/HSA
- Simple IRA plan with matching, parking, mileage reimbursement