Microsoft 365 Business Premium, formerly Microsoft 365 Business, is a bundle of products aimed at small and medium-sized business of 300 people or less.
A full service description is available here. The key components are:
- Microsoft Online Services, including Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive and more
- Microsoft Office Applications for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android
- Exchange Online Long-term archiving, Encryption, In Place & Litigation hold & eDiscovery
- Advanced Threat Protection, Advanced Information Protection & Data Loss Prevention
- Microsoft EndPoint Manager, Intune Mobile Device Management & AutoPilot device deployment
- Azure Active Directory P1 which includes a whole host of security and identity products and features
So, what is all that and what does all that really do for you?
We don’t have time to go in to all the feature details here. Beyond the standard productivity applications and services most of us use daily, you get access to a suite of Microsoft’s continually improving cloud-based security and management tools. When correctly setup these tools can:
- Help secure and protect your business from the ever-increasing volume of cybersecurity threats out there today.
- Manage your employee’s user accounts, applications, devices and your data in world where your network and applications sprawl well beyond the company firewall.
Some examples of what you can and should be doing with these tools are:
- Block access to your Office 365 applications and data to anyone outside your country.
- Enforce multifactor authentication for all your users
- Send encrypted emails easily in Outlook
- Manage and secure Windows 10, Mac OS, iOS and Android devices, as well as the applications and data on them
- Deploy “ready to use” computers directly to your employees without IT needing to set them up.
So how much does it cost?
Microsoft 365 Business Premium is $20 per user per month. That’s just $7.50 more per month than Microsoft 365 Business Standard (formerly Office 365 Business Premium) and the value of the additional products and features, if purchased separately, far exceeds that.
If you are a medium-sized business with under 300 licenses and you are using Office 365 E3 then you are already paying $20 for each license. This is a major upgrade from a security perspective with only a couple of items you may consider as a downgrade.
EXP Technical has a wealth of experience deploying Microsoft 365 Business Premium and all of it’s features. Contact us today to upgrade and start protecting your business.